The founding bodies of Nexstep, National Platform for Re-use & Decommissioning, are EBN, the Dutch oil and gas operators organized under NOGEPA and the Ministry of Economic Affairs. They are represented in the General Assembly.
The General Assembly has the authority to:
- Set out the strategy, objectives and statutes of Nexstep
- Set the membership criteria, types and fees
- Decide on the work plan and budget
- Determine the funding mechanism
- Appoint and dismiss members of the Board
The composition of the National Platform may change with the arrival of associate members as the energy landscape in the Netherlands develops. Associate members can have roles varying from committee member to board member.